Type: Activation, facilitation and coordination
Client: Municipality of Oslo
Location: Oslo, Norway
Status: Start January 2015 – 2 years
The Municipality of Oslo has a vision to bring the fjord back to the city of Oslo, and has since 1999 worked in a governmental multidisciplinary cooperation to fulfill this vision through the project titled The Fjord City of Oslo. As a key element in this project the municipality decided to develop a promenade that connects the whole city along the fjord from east to west, in total 9km.
- Securing a holistic process
- Providing for a socially inclusive process
- Facilitating a dialog and cooperation between all stakeholders and the municipality
- Strengthing the image of the city district along the Oslo Fjord
- Activating the promenade
14th. June 2015, celebrating the promenade:
- Over 200 actors involved in a large cooperation to activate the 9km for 12 hours. (Stakeholders, organizations, restaurant owners, entrepreneurs, inhabitants, large cultural institutions ++)
- Between 50.000-100.000 visitors
- Interest from Norwegian media, and a new image created by bloggers and local news channels.
Next step in 2016 was to test out a temporary promenade-office. The idea is to give all actors that might want to get involved in the development process an easy access to information. At the same time the objective is to encourage a better cooperation between both people and projects.
The office, called Kiosken, opened in august at Vippetangen on the promenade. It is open for drop-in every Thursday from 3pm-5pm. We are testing this concept until March 2017.
Every month LEVA organizes events to bring up important and interesting discussions between the municipality, developers, organisations, inhabitants and other people with interest in the promenade. In September we focused on water activities , in October the topic was communication. In December we will be focusing on art & culture on the promenade.